Salary: $17.91 to $19.57 /hour
This position is located at Broadway Terrace.
1150 Broadway Ave.
*Offers Pension and Benefits*
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Performs general maintenance and repairs for senior’s high rise, equipment, grounds and buildings.
*Certified to maintain building broilers.
Fireman certificate (Must be willing to obtain within 6 months)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work independently
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of tools and equipment
- Valid drivers license
Previous: Twelve (12) months previous experience in a maintenance environment (e.g., commercial or industrial).
- Performs preventative maintenance
- Performs carpentry repairs, painting, dry walling
- Repairs and maintains client equipment (e.g., mobility devices, beds and wheelchairs)
- Installs, repairs and maintains mechanical equipment (e.g., pumps, fans, motors, kitchen/laundry/housekeeping equipment).
- Performs repairs and maintenance on air-conditioning equipment (e.g., filters, belts, coils).
- Repairs and maintains bottled medical gas systems, centrifuges, fume hoods, water softeners.
- Performs plumbing and electrical repairs up to code
- Grounds keeping
- Mows, trims, prunes.
- Weeds and plants.
- Performs pest/rodent control.
- Applies pesticides, where trained and required on the job.
- Fertilize and irrigation
- Removes snow and ice.
- Operates, repairs and maintains grounds equipment.
- Facility Operating Systems
- Repairs and maintains ventilation units and boilers/accessory equipment.
- May monitor and respond to a computerized system (e.g., alarms).
- Performs repairs and adjustments to building systems.
- Related Key Work Activities
- Maintains and operates vehicles (e.g., delivers/collects mail, linen, supplies/specimens).
- Provide transportation for residents utilizing handivan, where required.
- Provides security services (e.g., entrances, parking lot checks, scanners, monitors, fire drills).
- Cleans work areas and disposes of waste (e.g., biohazardous, general).
- Maintains inventory (e.g., orders supplies, ships/receives).
- Receives, responds to work orders and records maintenance logs.
- Provides occasional guidance to the primary function of others, including training.
- Coordinates contract work and participates in facility renovations.
- Processes work orders, maintains documentation and records
- Ensures all work complies with CSA infection control standards