Salary: $14.27 to $16.09 /hour
*Must be a ECE Level 1*
General Accountability: The Early Childhood Educator will work with parents and aide in the care and development of children ages 18 months to 6 years of age. Providing a healthy and safe environment to develop physically, emotionally, intellectually, socially and creatively.
The incumbent reports to the Early Childhood Educator Lead and is responsible for the health and wellbeing of all children present at Saplings Early Childhood Education Centres.
Infant and Child programming
- Responds quickly and directly to children’s needs, desires and messages and adapt responses to children’s differing styles and abilities.
- Provides many varied opportunities for the children to communicate and learn.
- Facilitates a child’s successful completion of tasks by providing support, focused attention, physical proximity and verbal encouragement.
- Provides outdoor play opportunities for children and facilitates safe outdoor activities
- Prepares the environment with stimulating and challenging activities that facilitate child engagement, provides choice and that considers each child’s special interests and abilities.
Interaction with parents/caregivers
- Provides orientation of the daycare to new parents
- Communicates children’ s experiences with the parent.
Related Key Work Activities
- Demonstrate Eden Cares core values, vision and mission
- Maintains a clean, attractive and safe work environment which facilitates optimal growth and development of children as well as good working conditions.
- Participates in centre recreational outings and field trips where required
- Assist in feeding
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Early Childhood Development Certificate Level 1 or 2 or working toward.
- Basic computer skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Valid driver’ s license, where required by the job
- Certified Eden Associate an asset