Salary: $22.27 /hour
**Must have open availability to work days, evenings, nights, week days, weekends , short notice and holidays**
Direct Care and Monitoring of Clients / Patients / Residents
- Assists with activities of daily living as per care plan (e.g., nutrition, personal care and
- Provides input into the development of nursing care plans.
- Provides bathing and grooming services (e.g., hair care, shaves, nail care, make-up).
- Dresses and undresses clients/patients/residents.
- Provides oral care (e.g., brushing natural teeth or dentures).
- Provides bowel and bladder care (e.g., suppositories, enemas, catheters, ostomy bags).
- Transfers/lifts and repositioning of clients/patients/residents (e.g., to and from bed,
- chair, commode, bath chair) using various aids and lifts, following assessment.
- Assists clients/patients/residents with range-of-motion and personal exercise programs.
- Prepares meals (e.g., plans, prepares, serves and cleans up), where required.
- Assists with treatments as per care plan (e.g., ointments and simple dressings).
- Monitors and ensures proper nutrition and hydration (e.g., assist/feed, cut meats, tube
- Observes, reports (written and/or shift) and records physical and psychological
- observations/changes in client/patient/resident condition (e.g., skin/scars/tattoos,
- condition of feet/nails, mobility, nutrition, vital signs and glucose levels).
- Promotes the social, spiritual, psychological and emotional well-being of
- clients/patients/ residents, monitors and reports to the care team changes in behavior.
- Promotes good communication with clients/patients/residents and their support system.
- Provides medication assistance as per protocol, where required.
- Assists/porters/escorts clients/patients/residents to activities, appointments, outings,
- where required (e.g., family visits, court appearances).
- Responds to patient call systems, where required.
- Performs palliative and end-of-life care.
B. Indirect Care
- Records information in clients/patients/residents chart.
- Files/maintains documentation (charts and notes).
- Makes/changes bed linens, empties hamper, waste disposal and tidies room.
- Orders, maintains and distributes inventory for client/patient/resident usage (e.g.,
- briefs, lotions, soaps, tissues).
- Records inventory items for billing purposes.
- Launders client/patient/resident items, where required.
- Cleans and sanitizes all related equipment and surroundings (e.g., wheelchairs, I.V.
- poles, nebulizers, bed pans, nail clippers).
- Collects specimens (e.g., urine, stool and sputum) and transports to lab, where required.
- Completes transfer/lift/repositioning and falls prevention assessments and post
C. Related Key Work Activities
- Provides occasional guidance to the primary function of others.
- Disposes of contaminated items/waste and sharps as per protocol.
- Cares for pets and plants, where required.
- Sets up instrument trays and autoclaves, where required.
- Answers phones and takes messages.
- Performs required checks on mechanical lifts and slings and related equipment, as per
- Notifies maintenance of required repairs to equipment.
- Participates in Quality Improvement programs as required by local protocols.
- Communicates and participates in emergent situations as per protocols (e.g., various
- Responds to incidents that occur which may result in injury to persons (e.g., defuses
- violent or aggressive situations, restrains combative patients).
- Follows universal/standard precautions, infection prevention control and isolation
- Performs housekeeping duties, where required.
- Performs security checks, where required.