Moose Jaw, SK
Salary: $17.00 /hour
Eden Care Communities is hiring in our group homes in Moose Jaw. The Community Care Partner (Disability Support Worker/Personal Care Worker) provides personal and supportive living care and activities of daily living for residents to encourage optimum level of functioning. This care supports residents in meeting their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
Direct Care and Monitoring of Residents
- Assists with activities of daily living as per care plan
- Observes, reports and records physical and psychological
- Provides companionship and emotional support throughout the day
- Administers medications as per protocols
- Follows all consistent approaches and restrictive procedures
- Supports individuals out in the community, attending activities and work placements
- Handles and diffuse crisis situations as they arise
- Promotes the social, spiritual and emotional well-being of residents
- Records information in residents charts
- All cleaning duties within the home
- Cooking for residents
- Cleans and sanitizes all related equipment and surroundings
- Complete Grade 12 or equivalent
- Disability Support Worker Diploma is a strong asset
- Certifications: Food Safe Handling, First Aid, CPR, and PCW course from St John Ambulance
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and empathy
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Driver’s License, Vehicle
- TLR, GPA, NVCI or PART Advanced are assets.
- Experience providing care to those with physical, cognitive, behavioral barriers would be a strong asset.