The Resident Service Assistant assists in the implementation of meaningful programs for the residents.
- Assist in the organization and implementation of meaningful programs for the residents, in collaboration with the Recreation Manager & Executive Director;
- Assists with the maintenance of appropriate department records including assessments, evaluations of planned programs detailing individual participation, charting;
- Maintains effective communication and good human relations with residents, families, volunteers and staff of other departments, keeping them informed of current and upcoming events;
- Attends in-service education in order to keep informed of current trends in the total care of the elderly;
- Participates in team meetings to plan programs with residents’ interest in mind;
- Facilitating residents to scheduled and pre-arranged outings;
- Assisting with assessment of individual resident activity levels;
- Preparing, carrying out and evaluating daily activities;
- Assisting with meal services as required;
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- Uphold and promote the organizations values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Eden Alternative Philosophy of Care™
- Complete other duties as assigned
Grade 12, or equivalent is required, post secondary is preferred.
- Previous experience working with seniors;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- An energetic, compassionate person who enjoys working with the elderly;
- Valid provincial driver’s license to transport residents by van
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.