Eden Care Communities (ECC) is a vibrant, growing registered Canadian charity and not-for-profit housing and health care provider with locations in Regina, Moose Jaw and Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. We oversee the operations of the Regina Lutheran Home Campus, Broadway Terrace, Milton Heights, Saplings Early Learning Center, and Eden Care Health Programs located in Regina, Moose Jaw and Saskatoon. In all, we provide housing services and supports to approximately 1,100 individuals.
ECC is seeking an Executive Director, Finance to provide leadership and coordination of financial services for Eden Care Communities Management Inc. and its subsidiaries including Eden Care Foundation Inc. Reporting to the CEO, the Executive Director, Finance is accountable to provide high quality financial services that support operational excellence in order to create human habitats that support quality of life and are designed to meet the diverse needs of elders, staff, volunteers, and the community. This is accomplished through providing tactical leadership, a clear sense of direction relating to financial performance management, people management, communications, risk and information management while ensuring that the organizations are in compliance with all legislative and regulatory guidelines.
- Researching, drafting and implementing an appropriate financial management strategy and policies in accordance with the Mission and Vision of the organization and the Eden Alternative Philosophy of Care™.
- Serving as a key member of the Executive Director Team in developing the long-term corporate financial plans and policies, formulating and driving strategies for realizing key goals and objectives, and creating a framework for the evaluation of the organization’s development in meeting those financial goals and objectives.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating activities of designated projects to ensure financial stewardship, organizational excellence and goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed timeframes and funding parameters.
- Leveraging technology to ensure financial stewardship, organizational effectiveness and efficiencies are achieved and continuous improvement is promoted.
- Developing a corporate financial performance reporting structure that enables and supports the senior leadership team to take a strategic view of the organization and manage progress effectively.
- Overseeing the provision of efficient & effective financial services to ECC and its subsidiaries.
- Assisting CEO in developing business plans/proposals and financial forecasting for ventures/opportunities being considered by ECC.
- Promoting excellence through ongoing communication, implementation of innovative programs, continuous learning and development and application of best practices.
- Establishing and cultivating close working relationships amongst members of the finance team to enhance and more effectively fulfill the mission, goals and objectives of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Minimum 7 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and Accounting Standards for Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Possesses fundamental business acumen including strategizing, budgeting, organizing work, allocating resources, decision-making, contingency planning and problem solving
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
Eden Care Communities offers a total compensation package including a competitive annual salary, SHEPP Pension, Disability, Employee Family Assistance Program, Health & Dental benefits as well as a culture that encourages growth and values work life balance.
Application deadline: 2020-06-05